Banana Banana Bread

I found this recipe on the internet, but I love it, it uses lots of bananas, is very moist, not too heavy and easy. Very good, my kids love it!

2 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 c. mashed overripe bananas

Preheat oven to 350'. Lightly grease a 9x5 in loaf pan. (I use 2 pans, the loaves are shorter, put I think it cooks through better).
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes (until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean). Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and turn out onto a wire rack.

1 comment:

Janet said...

I bought a big bunch of bananas today for 99 cents so had to find someway to use them. I love this bread, better than other I have made.