Meat Loaf

So what is wrong with some of the old fashioned dishes? Nothing. They still taste good to me and since I was a child, this has been a favorite of mine. Yes, I love beef and Montana beef is the best. Richard loved it with California beef as well. Especially good to use part sausage. Remember as a teen ager and young woman I maintained a 23 inch waist with this kind of food!

Recipe of: Janet

2 lbs hamburger (can use some pork sausage)
1 cup bread crumbs
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons minced onion

Mix all ingredients. Shape into a roll and place in a bread pan. Put catsup on top. Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Remove from pan with a spatula and place on a plate and slice. Leftovers make excellent cold sandwiches as well. I like it served with baked potatoes and fresh green beans.

No comments: