Shaker Hearth Stamp Shortbread Cookies

This recipe came with a cute Cookie Press that I bought at a Park City kitchen shop, I bought a new design every year for awhile...love it!

1 cup butter
2/3 cup confectioners sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 to 2 1/4 cups flour

In a bowl cream butter, sugar, salt and vanilla. Add two cups flour and mix until dough is smooth. If sticky, add 1/4 more flour, as needed. Dough should be soft but not sticky. Roll into 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush Cookie Press lightly with vegetable oil and press dough with cookie press (you could also use the bottom of a glass if you don't have a cookie press). Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes on sheet, cool completely on rack. Makes 2-3 dozen. Gingerbread or firm peanut butter cookie dough also works well with cookie presses.

2 comments:

Deidra said...

Thank you for posting this! I had this recipe and lost it. I am going to make these today with this cookie press.

Deidra said...

Thank you for posting this! I had this recipe and lost it. I am going to make these today with this cookie press.