Creamy Banana Pudding

When I was working in Texas, I found this was served at most all the Texas buffets and restaurants. It reminded me of when I was a child and my mother made a simple version of this. I found this classy recipe of it also made from Eagle Brand. If you like banana cream pie, you will like this.
1 14 oz Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 cups cold water
1 package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
2 cups (l pint) whipping cream, whipped
36 vanilla wafers
3 medium bananas, sliced and dipped in lemon juice from concentrate

1. In large mixing bowl, combine Eagle Brand and water. Add pudding mix; beat until well blended. Chill 5 minutes.
2. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon l cup pudding mixture into 2 1/2 quart glass serving bowl.
3. Top with 1/3 each the vanilla wafers, bananas and pudding mixture. Repeat layering twice, ending with pudding mixture. Chill thoroughly.
Garnish as desired. Makes 8 to 10 servings. (In Texas, you just take a big spoonful and top it with whipped cream)

No comments: