Hurry and Feed the Children Dish!

When I had three young children I was asked to do the decorations for the Gold and Green Ball. One afternoon when a friend and I had been downtown shopping for decorations we stayed too late and it would be time to feed the children as soon as I reached home. (We didn't do a lot of fast food in those days.) She gave me this recipe and they loved it. I started keeping precooked crumbled hamburger in the freezer after that for even faster fixings. When serving myself this dish I add chopped onions into the hamburger.

Recipe of: Janet

Fry 1 lb hamburger--Drain or wash off fat
Sprinkle with 1/1/2 c Minute Rice
Cover with a can or two of Niblet corn, juice and all (not creamed)

Cover with a lid and steam until rice is tender. Stir occasionally. Serve with catsup, carrot and celery sticks on the side and a buttered bread or roll and voila--dinner is served.

No comments: