Strawberry Spinach Salad

When my sisters and I traveled to Glendive, Montana in 2000 for High School reunions, my sister Carole served us this salad as soon as we arrived. We loved it. Later I made a large bowl full for a funeral but I put too much dressing in it and I was embarrassed to see them holding the salad up and letting the dressing run out before putting it on their plates! They ate it all though.

Recipe of: Janet's sister Carole
Serves: 12

Combine the following in a large jar, cover tightly and shake vigorously to make the delicious dressing:
1 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp white pepper

To serve: Combine 1 #baby spinach with 1 pint sliced strawberries, 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (may be toasted). Shake dressing, pour lightly over salad and toss.

No comments: